Friday, June 12, 2026

Two Hours at Nevada Beach

From the moment my feet touched the sand at Nevada Beach, I knew it was going to be one of my favorite moments of the trip. We heard about the beach through an interview with TRPA’s Jeff Cowen (where I received great information for the final story I'll be working on), and he said the spot was his favorite.


 As we arrived, we set up our chairs and umbrellas as I admired the gorgeous view of the mountains. I got the content I needed, and then I hesitantly ran into the frigid water. A few of us decided to do a quick full-body plunge to get used to the water, but honestly it did not help with the acclimation at all, so I ran out as quickly as I could.

After a while, the group of us that went to the beach decided to play a card game and shared our extreme hot takes, it may possibly be my favorite moment of the trip. As we played, a goose decided to join us and stayed for quite a long time. 



I am so glad we decided to visit the beach, as it seemed we may not have been able to. I can’t wait to experience more days like today.




No comments:

Post a Comment