I started my day with a very scary email from the international office from my study abroad in the Netherlands. That woke me up 40 minutes before my alarm actually went off, I was able to figure everything out and after that I went back to sleep.
I got ready for the day and we left the house at 9:45 a.m. We had a series of meetings today with the Tahoe Fund and TRPA, they answered a lot of our questions for the stories we are working on, provided some great quotes, and gave us pretty interesting information.
Side note, the World Cup started today and I was very excited for it because Mexico was playing. We ended up beating South Africa 2-0, it was a great game and Quinones scored the first goal of the World Cup.
After our interviews we headed to Nevada Beach. This beach was a bit different from the beaches I'm used to, the sand was very coarse and my feet ended up being very sore from it after, the water was also freezing cold, but the views from the beach were so beautiful.
We also found a goose that was a bit scary because of how close it was to us. Overall, it was a very fun day!
No comments:
Post a Comment