Friday, June 12, 2026

Watercolor Painting at Tahoe Keys Beach

Something is calming about painting by the water, and today at Tahoe Keys Beach, the scenery provided the perfect canvas for creativity. Tamara Ritchey from the Lake Tahoe Art League provided a peaceful and therapeutic space for our Study in America group to express their artistic skills. She gave amazing instructions on how to paint in watercolor and reminded us time and time again that our work was original and beautiful, so we shouldn’t speak down to ourselves. 

Honestly, it was a great relaxation break in a week full of hiking and moving around. While painting, I sat silently and admired the landscape around me. The area was so quiet and peaceful. Once I was done painting, I decided to take some pictures of the shore. The water looked so extremely clear and beautiful, so I decided to go in just past my knees and walk around. It was not as cold as yesterday, and I was so tempted to go all the way in because it felt amazing after being in the sun all day, but we ran out of time.

Doing this activity was a much-needed rest period! I'm excited for tomorrow, but sad knowing it's our second-to-last full day.




No comments:

Post a Comment