Friday, June 12, 2026

Painting by the Lake

Today we started off our day early in the morning with a hike at Taylor Creek. We got to see some amazing views, got some great content and photos, and we also met a very cute dog called Percy. 

The highlight of my day though was our painting class. We had the opportunity to paint by the lake at Tahoe Keys Beach with Tamara Richey, she is very involved within the art community of Lake Tahoe, she works with the Mexican-American community, Lake Tahoe Art League, and other non-profits.



I had the opportunity to talk to her for a while and ask her a couple of questions for my story on Art in Lake Tahoe. She was very cool to talk to and we also had some things in common. It was very fun to learn about her art style, what inspires her, her experience in art school, more about her job and what she does, what she loves about her job, and just a lot of small different details about her. 



Besides interviewing her I had a lot of fun painting. It had been a while since I've painted anything and it was something I liked to do a lot as a kid. I was a bit nervous going into the class because I don't think I'm really good at it, but surprisingly enough I was proud of my final product. 



The class ended up being very therapeutic and grounding. I had a lot of fun playing around with the watercolours and mixing them in to get the exact colour I wanted. It's been a while since I worked on an art project that I actually enjoyed that wasn't just for a grade and I'm really glad we had the opportunity to do so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment