Today started early, we left at 8:15, I'm surprised I woke up but I am a antique/gift/shopping connoisseur. We first stopped at a local coffee shop, Freel Perk and got some yummy drinks to start the day. While we were there I picked up their newspaper and a home design magazine. We then headed to The Potlatch which is a high end gift shop that highlights local artisans and traditions. The jewelry was soooo beautiful with very unique patterns and styles but unfortunately was out of my budget. I did buy some stickers to scrapbook with and some socks but I overall enjoyed the culture of their shop.
Next we headed to 2 different meetings, first we met with Tahoe Fund to talk about how their donations work and where the money goes. Next we went to a TRPA and talked mostly about their contributions to the environment to keep Lake Tahoe healthy despite dealing with high tourism, legislation and water clarity. After we got to relax and hangout at Nevada beach. The water was so cold but some of us still got in. We spent most of the time talking about how cold is was and taking pictures. Then we did some group bonding while playing a card game. The water was so clear, we didn't go deep but I could still see far in the distance. It was overall a long day between meetings and the beach, and tomorrow we have another full day booked.
No comments:
Post a Comment