One of the most relaxing and memorable experiences of our day today was 100% participating in a watercolor painting class at Tahoe Keys Beach. Led by local artist and teacher Tamara Richey, the activity gave us the opportunity to slow down, appreciate the beauty around us, and try our hand at capturing Lake Tahoe’s stunning scenery on paper (Even if some of us were more talented than others). We set up along the shoreline with our watercolor supplies while the gentle sounds of the waves splashing created the perfect atmosphere for painting. As I looked out at the mountains, the lake, and the bright blue sky, I felt inspired to experiment with landscape painting. Tamara provided guidance and encouragement throughout the experience, helping us feel better about what we’re doing.
What I enjoyed most was the combination of art and nature. Instead of sitting inside a painting on my own like I’m used to, we were surrounded by the very landscape we were painting. The peaceful setting made it easy to get lost in the process, and for a while I felt like Bob Ross bringing mountains and natural scenery to life with every brushstroke. After spending time painting, I even rolled up my leggings and stepped into the cool water for a bit. It was refreshing and added to the laid-back feeling of the afternoon. The combination of watercolor painting, beautiful views, and time spent by the lake made this one of my favorite activities of the trip. It was a perfect reminder that sometimes the best way to experience a place is to slow down and appreciate its beauty through art.

No comments:
Post a Comment