Friday, June 12, 2026

Conferences and Group Bonding

 

Today’s interview at the Pot Latch was a huge success in the progress my travel story. I spoke to the two ladies who co-own the gift shop, who educated me on all the authentic Native American jewelry in the shop. These items are not cheap either all year round, they stock their shop with native pieces that they travel to collect from all over the country. One ring that I had my eye on cost $900 dollars! Spoiler alert, I did not buy it. At the end of my interview, I took some pictures of Barbara, the resident gemologist of the Potlatch. She showed me a Polynesian conch that she matched with a baby pink necklace for my photo of her. 

The highlight of my day was hitting Nevada Beach after our conferences with the Tahoe Fund and the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency. The water was absolutely freezing, but that didn’t stop us from enjoying our time. We talked, played games, and took lots of pictures of each other. An overall great bonding experience. 

© 2026 My Blog. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment