A travelogue dedicated to Study in America at Texas State University. Follow our journey to Lake Tahoe June 9 - June 15, 2026.
Friday, June 12, 2026
Day 3: Sunburns and a wild goose
Day three started off on a good note. We left the Lodge around 9:45 this morning and headed to our first meeting of the day with the Tahoe Fund. During the meeting I was able to gather some great quotes and learn more about the work being done to protect and improve the Tahoe area. After that we made our way to TRPA where we met with Jeff Cowen. He talked to us about Lake Tahoe, the challenges it faces and the efforts his team is making to preserve the lake and improve its clarity for future generations.
Once our meetings were finished we headed down to Nevada Beach for some much needed relaxation. We spent time soaking up the sun, playing card games, and even jumping into the lake. While we were there a stray goose wandered over and seemed determined to join our card game. It quickly became the unofficial mascot of our beach trip. The water was unbelievably cold. After standing waist deep for only about 30 seconds I could barely feel my legs. Even so, it was worth it for the experience.
We were also able to take a lot of photos and videos for our social media posts and assignments which was a huge plus. After about an hour and a half at the beach we packed up and headed back to the van. We returned to the "Lodge" to shower and change before going out to dinner at Izabella's an Italian restaurant. Our server Nick was fantastic and made the experience even better. I ordered the chicken piccata along with a glass of Cabernet and it was honestly the best chicken piccata I've ever had. Somehow I managed to finish the entire meal again even though it was a Texas sized meal.
After an amazing dinner we got picked up and headed back to the Lodge. As I write this I'm full, happy, and ready to put on some comfortable clothes and finish the rest of my assignments. Tomorrow we'll be hiking at Taylor Creek and doing some sightseeing before going to a painting activity. I'm excited to see what day four brings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment