Friday, June 12, 2026

Shopping and State Agencies - Day 2

 Dale Dog Counter: 11


I started my day bright and early, waking up at 6:00 am and getting ready for another exciting day in Lake Tahoe. The morning air was so beautifully cool and refreshing, and I was so excited to go look for something to take home. After getting ready and having breakfast, our group left at 8:15 for Incline Village, a beautifully wealthy community located on the north shore of Lake Tahoe. Our first stop was Potlatch. Potlatch is a Native American jewelry and gift store filled with unique handmade items, artwork, and cultural pieces. I enjoyed browsing the displays and learning more about Native American craftsmanship and traditions. 




Later in the day, we went to two press conferences. The first was with the Tahoe Fund, an organization dedicated to supporting environmental improvement projects around Lake Tahoe. The second was with the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA), which works to protect and preserve the lake and surrounding region. During both conferences, I learned about the challenges facing Lake Tahoe and the efforts being made to maintain its beauty for future generations. The day combined culture, education, and environmental awareness. From exploring local shops in Incline Village to hearing directly from organizations working to protect Lake Tahoe, I gained a deeper appreciation for both the community and the incredible natural environment that makes this region so special.


No comments:

Post a Comment