Sunday, June 14, 2026

Kayak Adventure

This day started off rough to put it lightly. We went to Emerald Bay at 4 a.m. to watch the sunrise and we had the brilliant idea of not going to sleep at all so we wouldn't have a hard time waking up. At the time it sounded like the smartest thing to do and not surprisingly it turned out to be the worst idea ever. I was running on 1 hour of sleep for the rest of the day, but the view and the photos I took made everything worth it in the end. 



After the Emerald Bay adventure in the morning I managed to fit in an hour long nap and then we were off to kayak. The drive there also ended up being an hour long so I managed to nod off every now and then. I’ve been kayaking plenty of times before at beaches in Mexico with my dad and I haven’t been able to kayak again in a while, so I was very excited. I’ve never kayaked on a lake either so it was a new experience for me. 

The actual kayaking experience was very fun. We got a quick demo on how to paddle and then we were loaded on to the boats (I almost fell). I was partnered with Natalie, she was the captain, and we got the hang of it pretty quickly, although we were out of sync at times we managed to beat Austin and Jake in a race. They then proceeded to capsize their kayak; it was a scene straight out of the Titanic. 



Throughout our kayak tour our guide was giving us a bit of history on Lake Tahoe, I ended up learning a lot of new things. We were all exhausted by the end of our adventure. My whole body was very sore and I'm pretty sure I have huge biceps now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment