Today we visited one of the most beautiful places I have seen during our trip, Sand Harbor. From the moment we arrived, it was easy to see why so many people talk about its incredible views. The water was a brilliant shade of teal, so clear that you could see beneath the surface perfectly, and the surrounding mountains created an absolutely gorgeous surrounding view.One thing that surprised me was the sand. Unlike the soft, powdery sand I expected, it was much harder and different from most beaches I have visited before. While it took some getting used to, it didn't take away from the experience at all. The beauty of the beach more than made up for it.
Although I was dealing with some pretty painful sunburns, I was determined not to let them ruin the day. Instead, I spent much of my time under the shade of the umbrella we brought, trying my best to give my skin a break from the insane sun(with a UV of 11 today, geeeeeez). Even with that challenge, I still had an amazing time. The best part of the afternoon was spending it with my friends. Whether we were talking, laughing, exploring the shoreline, or simply enjoying the view together, every moment felt special. There is something about being surrounded by beautiful scenery and good company that makes even the simplest activities memorable. By the end of the visit, I was tired, a little more sunburned than I would have liked, but incredibly happy. As we began to go home Morgan and I were talking and she said something along the lines of “Everyday is so good, I don’t think I could just pick one favorite” and I completely agree. This trip has been one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had in my life and I am so thankful I went a little out of my comfort zone and decided to apply to go on it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment