Sunday, June 14, 2026

Horseback riding

 For our last day in Tahoe we went horseback riding! This was a great way to end the trip, it was very relaxing (for most of us), grounding, we got to see some beautiful views, and the overall experience was amazing. 

I'm not someone who goes horseback riding very often, this was the first time I've done it in a couple of years and whenever I do go horseback riding there is normally a person guiding me, I'm never left on my own to "drive" the horse. 

I was a bit nervous going into this, not because I'm scared of horses but because they can be a bit unpredictable and they're pretty big too and sometimes when they twitch or sneeze it kind of freaks me out. 



My horse Becky ended up being very sweet though, I'm pretty sure she got annoyed at me several times though. She was walking a bit slow and Jake's horse kept getting too close to her and annoying her, so I would try to make her speed up a bit and that's when she would get mad at me. In the end I learned that it was best to just give her her space, let her take her time, in the end she was the one that knew best and the one that walks that trail literally every day. She does things her way and I respect that. 

The trail was absolutely stunning and our guide Tallulah was amazing, she made the experience so much fun and was reassuring us along the way in case the horse was acting a bit weird, she helped keep us grounded and confident in what we were doing. We got to see some insane views of the lake and it was the perfect time when we went because the sun was already starting to slowly set so it gave the scenery a much warmer and radiant look. 



No comments:

Post a Comment