Between the views, trails, and my horse's personality, our ride today was anything but boring. When we waited in line to get our horse, the whole time I was thinking that it was going to be a simple horseback ride and everything was going to go as expected. After getting on my horse, Baddie, I quickly realized that I was wrong. The guides explained exactly how to make the horse move or stop and go left or right. I thought that would be easy. The issue is, Baddie did not want to listen to a word I said.
I would pull on him to stop, and he would not. Sometimes, out of nowhere, he would start running. There was one point he went to lie down on the trail while I was on him, and I genuinely started freaking out. However, once we got more comfortable together, he started to listen (unless it involved going up to Jake's horse to sniff its butt, then baddie would not listen).
The views on the trail were absolutely stunning, and there were even points where you could see Lake Tahoe from the midst of the mountains, and that was definitely one of my favorite views yet.
Eventually, our ride ended, and once we got back, I realized that even though Baddie was difficult to work with, the experience was unforgettable and one of my favorites from the trip. I can’t believe today was our last day! I had an amazing time and met so many people that I hope will stay in my life for years to come! I wish we could stay for so much longer, but unfortunately, all good things must come to an end eventually.



No comments:
Post a Comment