Thursday, June 11, 2026

Settling Into Tahoe

 

Today we began Day 2 with an 11 am morning cruise on the MS Dixie Lake Tahoe cruise. It was a great time. I met a gentleman from Memphis who noticed that I was having some trouble with my DSLR camera. After some light coaching, he set me on the right track to capture some great pictures of Emerald Bay. It was pretty surreal to see all the landmarks we had been learning about in class, in person. The Fannette Tea House and Vikingsholm Castle were way bigger than I expected them to be.

After the cruise wrapped up, we made our way to the Vikingsholm trail, where I had the most tiring (and rewarding) hike of my life. The walk down to the castle was a breeze, literally. There was a slight breeze, and plenty of shade to complement the scenic views of the bay. The walk back, however, is another story. Though it still kept its stunning views, the incline of the mountain had my feet on fire by the time we made it back to the van.

© 2026 My Blog. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment