Sailing On Wheels
Emerald Bay, named after its green hue, is located in beautiful South Lake Tahoe. Zephyr Cove Resort offers a unique opportunity on their paddle-wheeler, a steam-powered vessel propelled by large rotating wheels fitted with paddles. I was enamored with the view of white and red wheels churning clear blue water.
For some, the scenic cruise is nothing new. I met a local from South Tahoe by the name of James Brackenridge. He says this is his fifth time on the M.S. Dixie II.
“I like the daytime because you get to see everything. But if you’re more into partying, I guess it’s okay to do the nighttime one too. That’s where I took my wife when I was 20,” says Brackenridge.
The cruise seats around 500 passengers, offering daytime, nighttime, and private tours. It's definitely spacious. The views of Lake Tahoe, Emerald Bay, Vikingsholm and Tea House are unbeatable.
Newcomers and tourists also enjoy the glimmering green water, traveling hours to see it in person. Ashley Dalomba, of Memphis, Tennessee, says her group came on a casino charter trip but was drawn in by the cruise.
“We've been doing the whole casino thing, but we've also been doing a lot of sightseeing and on this boat. It’s awesome. My boyfriend loves the views and scenery too,” says Ashely Dalomba, of Memphis, Tennessee.
- Peyton Burleson
ojn12@txstate.edu
No comments:
Post a Comment