Our first days at Lake Tahoe started off with arriving at our beautiful new home for the week "The Lodge." The place is huge, it has some beautiful views of the surrounding area, and we even have a hot tub. I expected the rooming situation to be a bit more hectic but surprisingly enough we all found a room we liked and got settled in pretty quickly. We ended the day with some lovely pizza at Base Camp pizza in Heavenly Village, Lake Tahoe. The area is also full of little shops that have amazing souvenirs, there's even a shop for just socks!
On day 2 we started off with a morning cruise on the M.S. Dixie Lake Tahoe Cruise. Going to sleep the night before was a bit awful because I kept waking up all the time but the cruise definitely woke me up. It was a great time with some great views, we also got to meet some very cool and interesting people. I met a gentleman from Tennessee who does photography as a hobby and it was cool getting to talk to him and the type of photography he does and the cameras he uses.
I got some amazing photos of the scenery: the mountains, the clear lake water, the snowy caps, Vikingsholm and so much more.
We ended the day with a hike at Emerald Bay and a tour around Vikingsholm. The hike was 2 miles down and 2 miles back up with a 400 ft incline, but the views made everything worth it. The weather has been super nice so it made the hike more bearable, I did end up a bit sunburnt at the end but nothing too serious. The pictures we got were worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment