Saturday, June 13, 2026

Letting the lake paint its colors through me

Reconnecting with nature through watercolor 

Reconnecting with nature every day has been both therapeutic and refreshing. Today, we had the opportunity to experience something that many people do not get to do regularly, especially since we come from a state that is not surrounded by many lakes. 


One of my favorite highlights from today’s itinerary was watercolor painting by the lake. 

I enjoy arts and crafts. I was excited to participate in an activity that combined creativity with the beauty of nature. We were guided by a local artist, Tamara Richey, who took the time to guide us through this calming experience. Sitting by the lake and listening to its natural sound of the water, helped me focus on what view I had a connection with to use it as my picture painting, the peaceful atmosphere made me feel present in the moment. 

I ended up going with a mountain that caught my attention, and I decided to use it as my focus painting. As time passed, we continued working on our artwork while also capturing content that we could use for our class projects.


By the end of the session, we had completed our paintings, and I was able to gain a deeper appreciation for the natural beauty surrounding us. Overall, I felt very grateful for the opportunity to experience such a peaceful and therapeutic activity, being able to connect with nature through art made today a memorable experience that I will always appreciate. 




No comments:

Post a Comment