A travelogue dedicated to Study in America at Texas State University. Follow our journey to Lake Tahoe June 9 - June 15, 2026.
Saturday, June 13, 2026
Day 4: Taking my own path
Today was one of my favorite days of the trip so far. We started the morning at Taylor Creek where the scenery was absolutely incredible. Mount Tallac stood in the background and the views made it feel like something straight out of a postcard. As we began exploring the area I may have "accidentally" split up from the rest of the group. While everyone else continued on the main trail I found myself wandering off to capture as much footage as possible for my story and social media content.
After a while I ended up back near the trailhead and decided to take a different path. This trail led down toward the lake and the views only got better from there. The water was crystal clear and there were several sandy spots along the shoreline that looked like perfect places to relax. I also came across a set of stairs leading down to the water which made for some great photos and videos.
Along the trail I saw plenty of dogs enjoying the outdoors with their owners. One of the highlights of my day was meeting an elderly man who was riding a Class 1 e-bike. He told me he uses it because of a hip condition and I was able to interview him about his experience. It was interesting to hear how e-bikes allow people like him to continue enjoying the trails and spending time outside.
As I continued exploring I stumbled across a cabin that looked surprisingly inviting. Curious, I walked over to check it out and discovered that it was actually a museum. Inside I learned about the Washoe Tribe, the history of Taylor Creek, and saw a collection of super cool antiques and artifacts.
The museum was much more interesting than I expected and I spent so much time looking around that I completely lost track of time. Before leaving I stopped by the gift shop and picked up a few souvenirs and treats for my friends.
That's when I realized I had a problem. Everyone was already back at the van waiting for me. I took off running and quickly learned that the altitude in Tahoe is no joke. About halfway back I was completely out of breath and wheezing but I kept going. When I finally made it to the van I was greeted by a chorus of boos from the group. Luckily, everyone forgave me once I handed out the candy and gifts I had bought.
I had an amazing time exploring Taylor Creek and the Rainbow Trail. Between the beautiful lake views, the wildlife, the museum, and the people I met along the way, it was a day I won't forget anytime soon. Now it's time to get some sleep because tomorrow's alarm is set for 4:00 a.m. so we can catch the sunrise. Even though it's going to be an early morning I can't wait to see what another day in Tahoe has in store.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment