Monday, June 15, 2026

Bittersweet Goodbyes

The final day of our trip was really special. We took a trip to a local beach and spent the majority of the day just spending time together as a group. I had committed to getting in the water at least once on the trip and decided to join the group today in doing so. I ran into the freezing water and completely submerged. The water was crystal clear and refreshing. I rinsed the water through my hair and laid in the sun to soak up the uv. We had lunch at a local restaurant and talked about highlights of the trip and laughed. I had the realization that I had made so many new friends in such a short time. The chemistry of the group was something you don't find often. Not a single person was the odd one out the entire trip. We were all able to connect one on one with each other at some point in the trip and that was really unique. 

Before the trip started, Jess had sent a message about a potential opportunity to go horseback riding. I have been scared of horses for a long time but I wanted to experience new things. So today we rode to the stables and mounted our horses. My horses name was Fallon. She was named after the ranch that they received her from in nevada. She was a gentle horse and was very independent. At some point in the trip, we stopped the give the horses a chance to potty. Somehow, Annikas horse, Pencilton, got his tail stuck in the headpiece of Fallon. In an attempt to get free, Fallon swung her head and spooked Pencilton. In a panic, both horses detached and veered from the path. Me and Annika were very timid from then on. I am grateful for the experience and I am happy to say I did it once, however I probably wouldn't do it again. I nonetheless gave Fallon some thank you pats and said goodbye. We are ending the night together playing games and taking in our last time together.




No comments:

Post a Comment